The O-1A visa is designed for individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics. To qualify for an O-1A visa, applicants must meet at least three criteria, one of which is evidence of the applicant’s participation, either individually or on a panel, as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field of specialization for which classification is sought. At the Zneimer & Zneimer, our experienced immigration attorneys in Chicago can help you navigate the O-1A visa application process and provide guidance on this specific criterion.
To meet this criterion, the applicant must have
- acted as a judge of the work of others in the same or an allied field of specialization.
- The petitioner must show that the applicant has not only been invited to judge the work of others, but also that the applicant actually participated in the judging of the work of others in the same or allied field of specialization.
Examples of evidence that can demonstrate participation in judging the work of others include
- peer reviewing for a scholarly journal, as evidenced by a request from the journal to the applicant to do the review,
- accompanied by proof that the review was actually completed.
- another example could be serving as a member of a Ph.D. dissertation committee that makes the final judgment as to whether an individual candidate’s body of work satisfies the requirements for a doctoral degree, as evidenced by departmental records.
At Zneimer & Zneimer, our experienced immigration attorneys can help you evaluate your participation in judging the work of others and determine if it meets the requirements for the O-1A visa. We will work with you to gather the necessary documentation, such as records of your participation in scholarly journals or dissertation committees, and present a strong case to USCIS.
In addition to meeting this specific criterion, our attorneys can help you identify other evidence that can strengthen your case for an O-1A visa, such as awards, publications, and presentations. By presenting a comprehensive case that showcases your extraordinary ability in your field, we can increase your chances of a successful O-1A visa application.
Applying for an O-1A visa can be complex, but with the help of our experienced immigration attorneys, you can navigate the process with confidence. Contact Zneimer & Zneimer today for a consultation, and let us help you achieve your immigration goals and build a successful future in the United States.